Monday, March 26, 2012

This Started Out to be About Skirts....












umbrella illumination 
"Umbrellas" installation art




 


planter lantern 

I wish I had thought of these illuminated containers...just so pretty, I think, & they
serve a lovely purpose too.

mrsamberapple:

baa.
 
beautiful sheep, we saw lots of these over the weekend, along with many new baby sheep,
all looking so peaceful...


 

note the chandelier and the little pink painting on the left



PersephonesBox: yes!


 
isn't this wonderful?






Summer, beach...with the right fit, a white peasant skirt goes a long way!




Absolute summer wardrobe essential-pretty white long skirt. Wear with flip-flops, boots or barefoot in the sand.  

the point of all the white was only to be this...everyone needs a long white peasant skirt or straight skirt for
spring & summer...

I usually wear a huge baggy cotton sweater over mine, or maybe a big tee when it's
really hot, but seriously, these things are so much cooler than pants, and look SO new !

that's important, right ?

we were in Fredericksburg, Texas yesterday just chilling.

saw so many young women with wedges and their long skirts,
many many many "The Row" looks...
even in a hill country small town which is close to Austin we're seeing
smart, snappy dressing.

love it !!





Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. I love the illuminated containers. They would be perfect around a swimming pool at night. Can you tell me where you can buy these?

    Thanks. Your blog is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your skirt post sort of went south because then we wouldn't have seen the other stunning images! I'm loving that first picture...WOW!

    Enjoy your Monday!
    XX
    Debra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh smart dressing can be anywhere! Dear Marsha, I am like, DROOLIN' with you inspiration gallery i cannot wait for summer. SERIOUSLY. Love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, a great call for this summer--especially as I fear that it is going to be an especially hot one. That with a pair of sandals, a t (plus I think I am going to go back to wrapping my ooold Hermes scarf around my head Ali McGraw style) and I am good to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful....I feel calmer just looking at all these images.

    Are you moved and settled now, hope so?! Hope you are well XX

    PS Love the music once again....just so you know, it's the soundtrack to a beautiful sunny London evening!! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning images! I love the lighting n the garden, and the sandels with outfit...very summary. Thanks for sharing lovely lady. Enjoy a good week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a maxi skirt for spring time! Gorgeous inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolulely stunning images. Wow! The umbrella picture made me sigh in a good way. Lovely, lovely!

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ventured to Aruba last year (for the first time - but not the last) and in preparation I purchased my all time favorite Summer wardrobe item - a 'white peasant skirt'... I now can't believe I waited so long to make the purchase - duh! It is a stable in my wardrobe now (BTW. I should have bought two at the time because I just know I am going to wear it out and wish I had another one just like it to replace it!) Thanks so much for sharing and enjoy the rest of your day. xoxo Jalon

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of these images are gorgeous! Love the dining room w/ the chandelier and the pink painting! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. White skirts, yes, definitely, love them and practically live in them in summer....but..but..but...those white umbrelllas! Oh that is too fabulous! VB xx

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.