Friday, March 26, 2010

My 1st PINK Saturday

I am joining Beverly and all the ladies participating in the
PINK SATURDAY
POSTINGS

please use the BUTTON TO THE RIGHT to visit them
and see what fun is in store for you...



In a land of enchantment, not too far away,
lived this lovely young woman, Chantelle, who had always
seen life through rose-colored glasses


Well, one couldn't blame her as her grandmother, Mom-Mom, who was
exactly like Auntie Mame, was responsible for teaching
Chantelle about the refinements of life.


Chantelle's 1st bracelet, made of pink art glass & Swarovski's given
to her by Mom-Mom.  Chantelle wore it every day, and each time
she made a wish, she would touch the bracelet for good luck.


you see, this is how Chantelle loved to dress from the beginning


her grandmother lived in a lovely old home, not too far away from the ocean
And everything was pink. 
No wonder Chantelle wanted to
be with her grandmother all the time.  Perfect & Pink.

So so pretty.
everywhere you looked you could see pink when at Mom-Mom's house
and she had
PINK flowers in every single room of the house.
and baskets of pink flowers everywhere,
Mom-Mom loved gardening you see.


Chantelle's 1st car was PINK, imagine.


She also had a
pink poodle, who also wore rose-colored glasses


and then there was Gertrude, the family's
perfectly beautiful PINK cow...oftentimes Mom-Mom would
let Gertrude come to the garden parties she had
because people would smile when they saw her.
Gertrude loved watercress sandwiches.


Chantelle & all her friends loved to go to the beach

they would ride their bicycles down and take a picnic basket

all the shop keepers knew Chantelle's bicycle, so it would have
been quite difficult to hide wouldn't it?  I mean a PINK car
AND a PINK bicycle?

one day Chantelle received some lovely pink gift boxes...
she was so surprised.
One by one she opened them.
Each one contained a perfect pink gift.
Sent from a young man who had caught her fancy.
She was thrilled beyond belief.  You know how girl's are.
He asked if he could take her dancing...
but she said it would be better if he came to meet her
grandmother at home, maybe they could have tea or something...






His name was Sean.  So, Sean & Chantelle...sounded nice didn't it?


Mom-Mom wore her favorite jewelry to the tea party and, of course,
her favorite PINK dress, but I won't show that.






 


Chantelle's new dress for the afternoon
and her grandmother gave her a new pair of earrings to mark the occasion








And, so it was, they had tea in the garden next to the pool







things went very well...so well, her grandmother even liked Sean.
this was HUGE!

and so they planned a dinner party at Mom-Mom's pink house
and invited Chantelle's brothers & sisters, mother & father +
all the aunts & uncles, nieces, nephews.

a few photos of grandmother's house
(I know, you were afraid these were coming, weren't you??)


well, the pink dining room;
she changes out the table so that it will seat 12



and sometimes she allows younger guests to dine in this room



this room is always reserved for the gentlemen for their
 brandy after dinner



Mom-Mom loved pink and pink patterned things she couldn't
ever decide upon draperies, so she just used mix & match
and it made her very happy.


 this is, of course, where the poodle slept each night.
no one was ever allowed in this room but Chantelle
& the poodle.


& so it is ladies, that this story will be continued on our
next PINK SATURDAY

I am having a lovely GIVEAWAY next week
for people who are following me.
It will be a piece from my jewelry collection
known as
SPLENDEROSA.
I'm attending an art festival this weekend as an exhibitor
and won't know until we return which piece we will
GIVEAWAY.

XX'S


34 comments:

  1. Wonderful and gorgeous!
    Love all the pinkness.

    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Welcome dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is really a cute pink story and I will check back for the next installment. I would like to be in your give away. Come and visit me won't you please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Pink Saturday! Great Pinks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Marsha,

    Happy PiNk to you and welcome to PiNk Saturday.

    You definitely have the PiNk Attitude...I love it all!

    I've linked to you this week on my PS post as my choice of someone that I have never visited before...do drop by when you have a moment.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoa! lots of lovely pinks! lovett!

    Bette♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post is so funny and lovey!!
    There are very beautiful images.
    Hava a great weekend,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pink is always a nice color. I wanted to point out which ones I like, but is too lazy too because they are all so fabulous! Lovlely post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! What lovely PINKS!! I love the house, the bedroom, the bistro table and chairs and the Tea Table!!
    Beautiful!!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to Pink Saturday! Your story is charming and very pink! I love to go to the beach myself. Love that bedroom! Have a wonderful weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Pink Saturday, Marsha. I am so glad you decided to participate.

    Your first "pink" post is fabulous. I think Mom-Mom and Chantelle were very lucky to live in a world of pink bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun story and i love your pinks!

    In Shoes We Trust.
    Maggie Mae
    "Do these shoes match this purse?"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this was brilliant Marsha....fabulous images and so much fun....I look forward to next Saturday!

    Hope your festival goes well :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chantelle sure lived a grand pink life :-) Maybe it's her that influences her surrounding to be pink. Kinda like King Midas, instead of turning gold, everything turns pink! :-)

    Happy 1st Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful post for your first Pink Saturday! Welcome!

    Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great story. I enjoyed looking at all your pink photos. Welcome to Pink Saturday.

    Blessings,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun story..and in pink!!! Even better. Welcome,welcome to Pink Saturday,you will love visiting all these lovely ladies. This is such a wonderful group. Happy Pinks,have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post, and lovely pictures.

    Welcome to PS

    ReplyDelete
  18. A strawberry pink cow, sugar?!?!? My oh my, what a delight to see all that pink. Happy pink saturday and nice to meet ya, chickee....
    xoxo,
    Connie
    :-) <-------Me smilin' at ya.....

    ReplyDelete
  19. All the pink is simply beautiful. Welcome! Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Winona

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW BEAUTIFUL PINKS!!! BUT MY VERY FAV IS THAT PINK POODLE...LOL TOO CUTE, HAVE A HAPPY PINK SATURDAY :p

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for sharing your sweet pink story with adorable pink pictures. I love those earrings! Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a nice Pink story full of imagination. Loved all the pictures, specially the car...i'd love to have a pink car. Happy Pink Saturday and Welcome. Can't wait for part II.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Whoa! Pink overload! Love the cow! Welcome to the Pink Saturday group.

    ReplyDelete
  24. WELCOME!!!! I want that car!

    m ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Marsha,

    You are quite welcome.♥ The PiNk bloggers must embrace one another! :0) I just caught in your profile that you are in Houston...my niece lives in Kingwood..I haven't been out there yet but it sounds like she's quite close to all the great shopping.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great pinks, welcome and happy Pink Saturday!!!
    Love the pink flowers.
    Hugs
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  27. All your pinks are fantastic. Welcome to Pink Saturday.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  28. That pink poodle is too much! weeee! This is my first Pink Saturday, too, and I'm enjoying hopping around and seeing all the pink pretties! Please stop by my place and see my little Basket Full of Sunshine! until later...

    ReplyDelete
  29. What amazing pictures! I love the hot pink room ~ what fun it would be to sit there {for a while!} And the pink poodle? Too cute! Thanks for sharing and visiting!
    Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a clever Pink Saturday post! I'll look forward to the next issue. :-) Welcome to Pink Saturdays!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy Pink Saturday Sweetie...
    Welcome we are so thrilled that you decided to join us. You won't find a nicer bunch of wonderful ladies to share your Saturdays with.

    I love your story. Sounds like Chantelle is quite a princess of pink to me. Love the writing. It is just precious.

    I have signed up to follow your blog. I can't wait to see what you share next. Beautiful blog home.

    Please stop by and let me share my pink post with you. I would be so honored if you signed up to follow my blog as well. Country hugs sweetie, and have a beautiful Sunday. Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love this pink post! I am loving pink so much right now, the poodle is soooo cute and you have thrown in some cherry blossoms too :-D always a pleasure to stop by and see what you are blogging and thanks for keep in touch over at Bardot in Blue!

    xoxo Bardot in Blue

    ReplyDelete
  33. I was away and didn't get a chance to post pink-- but love love love your photos.
    they were
    SPLENDTACULOUS MS SPLENDEROSA.

    Joanny
    http://thedowsersdaughter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete


Please know how much I value your comments. I read every single one and do hope you will take the time to leave your thoughts. I think InstaGram with the Emojis have taken a lot away from blogging, but I love IG too.